Like most website operators, PMI GUITAR collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. PMI GUITAR’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how PMI GUITAR’s visitors use its website. From time to time, PMI GUITAR may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
PMI GUITAR also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses through Google Analytics and other third party plugins. PMI GUITAR does not use IP addresses to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information, as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to PMI GUITAR choose to interact with PMI GUITAR in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that PMI GUITAR gathers depends on the nature of the interaction.
Examples of when an individual may provide us information:
- Search for products or services;
- Place an order through WooCommerce or another eCommerce site;
- Download, view, or use content on a device, or through a service or application on a device;
- Provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number) or Your Profile;
- Configure your settings on/or provide data access permissions for;
- Provide information in contact forms via Ninja forms;
- Communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- Complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form;
- Upload images, videos or other files to our website or other websites using third-party plugins;
In each case, PMI GUITAR collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with PMI GUITAR. PMI GUITAR does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities, like purchasing or receiving website services.
All of the information that is collected on PMI GUITAR will be handled in accordance with GDPR legislation.
Additional details on information that may be collected and/or analyzed through use of this or other PMI GUITAR operated sites (may depend on use of eCommerce site):
- Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Login information: e-mail address, password;
- Location of your device or computer;
- Content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- Device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- Interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application, information about uploaded images and files (e.g., file name, dates, times and location of your images));
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products and/ or content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs),
- Phone numbers used to call our customer service number.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications and our web pages to collect browsing, usage or other technical information for fraud prevention purposes.
Other information from sources we receive include:
- Updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- Account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising or other services;
- Information about your interactions with products and services offered by our subsidiaries;
- Search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links);
- information about internet-connected devices and services that you’ve linked with Alexa; and
- Credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
PMI GUITAR discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of project administrators, employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on PMI GUITAR’s behalf or to provide services available through PMI GUITAR, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using PMI GUITAR, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
PMI GUITAR will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to project administrators, employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations, as described above, PMI GUITAR discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, if you give permission to have your information shared, or when PMI GUITAR believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of PMI GUITAR, third parties, or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of a PMI GUITAR website and have supplied your email address, PMI GUITAR may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with PMI GUITAR and our products. We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum.
If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. PMI GUITAR takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Use of Personal Information
We use the information you provide to register for an account on e-commerce sites, attend our events, receive newsletters, or use certain other services. We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we receive your permission or are required to do so by law.
We would like to send you email marketing communication which may be of interest to you from time to time. If you have consented to marketing, you may always opt out later.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or email PMI GUITAR directly. Please note that although we may not sell your private, personal information, we may share information about you in limited circumstances.
As stated above, we do not sell your personal information, but we may share your information in limited circumstances. Here are the list of times we may share your information and what may be shared:
- Subsidiaries, Employees, and Independent Contractors:
- Third Party Vendors:
We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group of vendors includes that help us provide services to you (payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our websites (such as the extensions on WooCommerce.com), who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests:
We may disclose your information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others:
We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of PMI GUITAR, third parties, or the public.
- Business Transfers:
- Aggregated Information or De-Identified Information (see Aggregated Statistics)
- Other Site Owners:
If you have a WordPress.com account and leave a comment on the site, your IP address and email address associated with your account may be shared with administrator(s) of the site where you left the comment.
- Published Support Requests:
If you send us a request for service (support email or feedback), we reserve the right to publish the request in order to help clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users
- With Your Consent: We may disclose and share your information with your consent or direction.
Legal grounds for processing personal information
We rely on one or more of the following processing conditions:
- Our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you;
- Explicit consent that you have given;
- Legal obligations.
Access to data
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all your personal information, please follow the instructions at the end of this policy under Contact.
All customer-provided data can be viewed and changed by the individual. The individual would need to first call or email to view or receive information.
Examples of information you have access to (if applicable):
- Contact, shipping, and billing information
- Status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- Your complete order history;
- Personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalized advertising preferences, address book and settings);
- Payment settings (including payment card information and gift voucher, gift card and check balances);
- E-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Deliveries, Special Occasion Reminders, and newsletters);
- Shopping lists
- Your content, devices, services, and related settings;
- Content that you recently viewed;
- Your Profile (including your product purchases, comments, and personal profile).
Information you have access to may vary depending on the site and the type of information collected (ex. eCommerce sites).
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information only for as long as we need to, for the success of the PMI GUITAR projects and the services that support PMI GUITAR. We keep contact information (such as mailing list information) until a user unsubscribes or requests that we delete that information from our live systems. If you choose to unsubscribe from a mailing list, we may keep certain limited information about you so that we may honor your request.
PMI GUITAR will not delete personal data from logs or records necessary to the operation, development, or records of PMI GUITAR.
PMI GUITAR shall maintain individual customer data for at least 3 years to better track and foster community growth, and then automatically delete non-essential data collected. Individual names and email addresses will be retained indefinitely, to preserve our ability to respond to code of conduct reports.
On PMI GUITAR sites, banking/financial data collected as part of a reimbursement request is deleted from PMI GUITAR 30 days after the request is marked paid. The reason for the 30-day retention period is to prevent organizers having to re-enter their banking details if a wire fails or if a payment was marked “Paid” in error. Invoices and receipts related to PMI GUITAR expenses are retained for at least 7 years after the close of the calendar year’s audit, by instruction of our financial consultants (auditors & bookkeepers).
When deletion is requested or otherwise required, we will anonymize the data of data subjects and/or remove their information from publicly accessible sites if the deletion of data would break essential systems or damage the logs or records necessary to the operation, development, or archival records of the PMI GUITAR projects.
Rights in relation to your information
You may have certain rights under data protection law in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have a right to:
- Request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- Ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or independently correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- Ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you from live systems, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information (for information on deletion from archives, see the “Retention of personal information” section);
- Object to our processing of your personal information; and/or
- Withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).
If you would like to exercise these rights or understand if these rights apply to you, please follow the instructions at the end of this Privacy statement under Contact.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your personal information to prevent loss, unauthorized access, misuse, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Implementing appropriate physical and electronic procedures to help safeguard and secure personal information.
In the event of a security breach, we have in place managerial procedure to mitigate any damages to individuals affected.
Here is our simplified security process when handling security breaches (steps may not be in order):
- Notify appropriate supervisory authority in no more than 72 hours after becoming aware of breach of users’ personal data (includes number of users whose data was exposed, nature of breach, and actions being taken to mitigate effects)
- Identify hack and remove their code and means of access
- Change all passwords and recover fresh backup
- Contact all impacted users of data breach
- Take preventative measures to prevent hack again
- If needed, considering the need of law enforcement investigation before publically announcing the breach
Protecting the privacy of children is important to us. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13. To access and create an account, the user must be at least 18 years old.
If you choose to accept payments through a gateway like PayPal or Stripe, some of your — your customers’ — data will be passed to the respective third party, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and your customer’s billing information.
If you choose to conduct payments through eCommerce stores such as WooCommerce, some of your – and your customers’ – data will be passed to the respective third party, including information required to process or support the payment such as the purchase total and your customer’s billing information.
WooCommerce stores may choose to connect to email services, analytics and reporting tools, accounting software and other services to serve their customers. In doing so, they may be sharing certain data with those services.
Third Party Links
Third Party Companies
On this and other websites managed by PMI GUITAR, some third-parties may collect personal information when a user provides information. Sites that may collect personal information are, but not limited to:
- Google Analytics – analytics and marketing tool
- WordPress – website creator/editor
- Ninja Forms – email form/Wordpress plugin
- MailChimp – email client
- WooCommerce – eCommerce platform/Wordpress plugin
- Infusionsoft – email automation platform/analytics
Examples of information being potentially collected:
- Google Analytics – IP address, geographic location, online behavior/purchasing decisions
- WordPress – IP address
- Ninja Forms – Name, email, phone number
- MailChimp – Name, email, phone number
- WooCommerce – Name, gender, age, email, phone number, shipping address, tracking number/VAT
- Infusionsoft – Name, email, phone number, email interaction behavior
PMI GUITAR may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites via Google Analytics or other third-party analytic systems. For instance, PMI GUITAR may reveal how many times a particular page was viewed, item was downloaded, or report on which plugins are the most popular, based on data gathered by Google Analytics, WooCommerce, or another third-party system. However, PMI GUITAR does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described in this policy.
Additionally, information about how you use our website is collected automatically using “cookies”. Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
All cookies are implemented and collected by WordPress.org.